Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Bill Trac is a litigator specializing in intellectual property, including patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret. He has represented numerous high-technology clients in proceedings before district courts, the Federal Circuit, and the International Trade Commission.
Bill has experience litigating a wide variety of technologies including cellular data transmission, data synchronization, network security, geolocation, mobile device user interfaces, medical devices, and digital cameras. He applies in-depth technical knowledge and sharp analysis to advocate for his clients.
Corporate & Government Experience
- Engineer, United States Department of Energy (2006-2008)
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Federal Circuit
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.S., Engineering Physics: with high honors
- Honorable Helen S. Gillmor, US District Court of Hawaii (2009)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional - United States (CIPP/US), IAPP
- Representing a California-based semiconductor company in a trade secret matter involving network-switch technology
- Representing numerous companies in patent infringement actions relating to a variety of technologies including smartphones and tablets, set-top boxes, coaxial cable standards, medical devices, data transmission, and antivirus software.