C. Brophy Christensen
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
As Firmwide Co-Chair of O’Melveny’s Corporate Department, C. Brophy Christensen represents issuers, underwriters, and investors in a wide range of public and private equity and debt offerings and exchange offers. These investment transactions include initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, debt offerings, and convertible offerings. Brophy advises companies in a variety of businesses, including those in financial services and banking, life sciences, REITs, semiconductors, electronics, software, entertainment, and telecommunications.
Brophy also represents buyers, sellers and financial advisors in connection with public and private strategic transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs, and recapitalizations. He advises corporate clients on matters such as corporate governance, securities, and Sarbanes-Oxley issues, and investment banking clients on securities law-related matters.
In addition to legal advice, Brophy offers his clients a host of services that include finding investment opportunities and helping them select the best investors and financial advisers to fit their needs.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Capital Markets: Equity Offerings (2011-2017), Capital Markets: Debt Offerings (2011-2017, 2020), and M&A: Middle-Market ($500M-999M) (2020)
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D.: Order of the Coif, 1997
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1994
- “Accessing Capital Through Customised PIPE Offerings,” Eurekahedge e-newsletter (November 15, 2016)
- Represented Western Digital in two secondary public offerings totaling US$1.355 billion.
- Represented CTI BioPharma in more than US$300 million of equity offerings and more than US$300 million of public offerings of convertible securities.
- Represented EFI in diverse corporate and transactional counseling, including: a private placement of US$345 million convertible senior notes; its acquisitions of GamSys Software SPRL, Metrix Software, Press-Sense, Radius Solutions, and SmartLinc; a Dutch auction tender offer and a separate stock option tender offer.
- Represented Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Foundation 9 Entertainment, and in subsequent tack-on acquisitions by Foundation 9 Entertainment, including of Amaze Entertainment and Shiny
- Represented Palantir Technologies in a US$200 million private placement.