Courtney C. Byrd
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Courtney C. Byrd is a skilled litigator specializing in US antitrust and competition matters. She advises a widespread and diverse range of clients, including prominent national banks, multinational consumer electronics and computer manufacturers, US and foreign airlines, and national managed care organizations.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University, J.D.: Special Project Editor, The Tax Lawyer
- University of Virginia, B.A., History: Jefferson Scholar; Echols Scholar; dean's list
- US Attorney's Office, District of Columbia
- Honorable Richard Leon, US District Court, District of Columbia
- Indirect Purchaser Litigation Handbook, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2014)
- “Using the Horizontal Merger Guidelines to Evaluate Labor Market Effects of Mergers,” Competition Policy International (May 11, 2022)
- Antitrust Law Developments, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2012)
- American Bar Association
- Conducted an internal investigation for a national managed care organization regarding alleged violations of the anti-kickback statute and the civil False Claims Act
- Represented one of the nation’s largest banks in proceedings arising from the marketing and sales of auction-rate securities
- Represented multinational consumer electronics manufacturers in antitrust class actions and other civil litigation
- Represented a multinational consumer electronics and computer manufacturer in non-merger antitrust investigations
- Represented US Airways in litigation against the DOJ regarding its merger with American Airlines and in antitrust litigation regarding distribution
- Obtained HSR clearance for clients in major transactions in the technology, healthcare, food products, manufacturing, and energy industries including General Mills and Quest Diagnostics
- Represented T-Mobile USA, Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG in United States v. AT&T Inc.