Dan Bookin is a seasoned litigator who specializes in representing companies and independent board committees in internal investigations. He represents clients in a wide variety of civil, criminal and administrative proceedings, including numerous clients in internal, grand jury, SEC, and administrative investigations and criminal and civil suits relating to securities fraud, trade and antitrust violations, tax offenses, healthcare fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, violations of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, government procurement fraud, political corruption, and environmental crimes.
Dan represents companies and executives across a variety of industries including the financial, securities, high tech, airline, defense, education and healthcare sectors.
Corporate & Government Experience
Assistant United States Attorney
- Southern District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation in Product Liability and White Collar Crime (2020)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2021 for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Criminal Defense: White-Collar in San Francisco, CA; Daniel has been listed in Best Lawyers® since 1995.
- Recognized as a top criminal lawyer in California by California Lawyer
- Annually included in numerous ranking guides as one of the country’s best white collar lawyers, including International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, Chambers USA, and The Legal 500 US
- Named a “Best FCPA Lawyer” by Main Justice Politics, Policy & The Law
- Included in Northern California Super Lawyers
- US District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals, Second and Ninth Circuits
- Yale University, J.D.
- University of Iowa, B.A.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Honorable Charles B. Renfrew, US District Court, Northern District of California