Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Daniel Wu primarily represents emerging growth companies at all stages of development, and the venture capital firms, private equity firms, and strategic investors that finance such companies.
His work with companies spans the entire corporate life cycle, including strategic decisions and coaching prior to incorporation, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, commercial transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. Over the course of his career, Dan has provided legal and strategic advice to companies, investors, buyers, and sellers in hundreds of venture capital and M&A transactions, having a total value in excess of US$10 billion.
Dan’s clients have been funded by investors such as Mayfield Fund, Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, GGV Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, BAM Ventures, Wavemaker, Y-Combinator, 500 Startups, Idealab, Mucker, Science, and TechStars.
Dan’s experience spans a wide range of industries, including:
- Consumer Internet
- Digital media
- Software as a service
- Video games
- Consumer products
- Virtual reality
Prior to re-joining O’Melveny, Dan was a partner at an Am Law 100 firm, where he served as Co-Chair of its Diversity Initiative. Dan previously worked as a partner at a Los Angeles-based full-service firm, as well as an attorney at two international law firms. He also formerly worked in mergers and acquisitions at a global investment bank. Dan first joined O’Melveny as an associate upon graduating from law school.
Dan was selected to the 2020 Class of Fellows for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), which consists of more than 320 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who are committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of “Most Influential Minority Attorneys” by the Los Angeles Business Journal (2019)
- INSEAD, MBA, 2005
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 1999
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1992
- “Why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Matters,” Asian American Bar Association of New York (November 23, 2020)
- “Full Stack Venture,” Scale Los Angeles (December 5, 2019)
- “Startup Legal Practices,” LVL UP Ventures’ Founders Shop (October 11, 2019)
- “Technology CEO Roundtable: Robotics,” Wavemaker Partners and Lux Capital (May 30, 2019)
- Founder Meet Funder (May 8, 2019)
- USC Demo Day, University of Southern California (February 8, 2019)
- “West Coast Challenge: Entrepreneur Talk Series,” Quake Capital (January 13, 2019)
- CEC Capital Summit, CEC Capital Group (November 14, 2018)
- 4YFN Summit, 4YFN (September 12, 2018)
- Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2018, Mobile World Congress Shanghai (June 27, 2018)
- “Blockchain: The Revolution in Decentralization,” The Korea Society (May 17, 2018)
- “Silicon Beach Event: Funding for Startups,” GABA California (April 25, 2018)
- “Inside Startup Fundraising Panel – LA 2018,” Fox Rothschild, Early Growth Financial, and Square 1 Bank (April 5, 2018)