Elizabeth Bock represents health care organizations in a variety of complex regulatory, litigation, and enforcement matters. Elizabeth has extensive experience counseling clients on matters related to Medicare Advantage and risk adjustment. She advises on matters involving Medicare and Medicaid regulations, the Affordable Care Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and other laws regulating managed care organizations.
Elizabeth is experienced with conducting internal investigations and developing related disclosures, representing clients in government investigations and audits, defending False Claims Act litigation, and providing regulatory counseling and strategic guidance.
Elizabeth serves on the Board of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles and the Board of the LevittQuinn Family Law Center.
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of Michigan, J.D.: cum laude; Dean’s Scholar; executive board editor, Michigan Law Review; Raymond K. and John R. Dykema Scholarship Award; ABA-Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law; Certificate of Merit for Health Law & Policy
- Vassar College, B.A., Political Science and Art History: with honors
- Honorable Magistrate Judge Carla M. Woehrle, US District Court for the Central District of California
- Featured in “What Health Attys Are Bracing For As Virus Rages Nationwide,” Law360 (2020)
- “Federal Agencies Issue New COVID-19 Medicare Advantage Notices and Policy Updates,” O’Melveny Client Alert, co-authored with David Deaton and Stephen Sullivan (2020)
- “Medical Record Privacy Under HIPAA,” co-authored with Michael Maddigan (2013)
- “Using Public Disclosure as the Vesting Point for Moral Rights Under the Visual Artists Rights Act,” Note, 110 Mich. L. Rev. 153 (2011)
- “Medical Loss Ratio Compliance and Enforcement Considerations for MCOs,” American Conference Institute’s Annual Advanced Forum on Managed Care Disputes and Litigation (March 2022)
- “Risk Adjustment Litigation and FCA Claims,” American Bar Association’s National Managed Care Institute (November 2020)
- “Whistleblower Actions 2016 Webinar,” Bridgeport Continuing Education (February 2016)
- American Health Law Association, Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Board of Governors
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Foundation Board
- LevittQuinn Family Law Center, Board of Directors