Emma Jones focuses her practice on commercial bankruptcy cases and represents clients in complex chapter 11 matters.
Emma has significant experience advising debtors, lenders, lessors, landlords, financial institutions, and trustees in cases under chapter 11 and chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code, and in adversary proceedings.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Emma worked at a global full-service law firm. In addition, Emma previously served as a two-year term law clerk to the Honorable Harlin D. Hale, Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas, and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas, and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Southern Methodist University, J.D.: cum laude; Order of Barristers
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.: cum laude
- Co-author, “Celsius Ch. 11 Ruling Reminds Clear Contract Terms Govern,” Law360 (Feb. 1, 2023)
- Co-author, "Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs): Overview," Thomson Reuters Practical Law (November 29, 2022)
- Co-author, “Navigating Section 363 As A Decentralized Autonomous Org,” Law360 (June 16, 2022)
- Co-author, “Bankruptcy, SMU Annual Texas Survey,” SMU Law Review (2020)
- Co-author, “Bankruptcy, SMU Annual Texas Survey,” SMU Law Review (2019)
- “Revisiting Bad Faith Chapter 11 Filings in the Fifth Circuit,” presented by the Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (“DAYBL”), DBA Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section Meeting (2022)
- “The Power Behind the Throne: Law Clerks from Each District Give Advice,” UT Law Consumer Bankruptcy Practice (2020)
- “Beast of Burden,” UT Law Consumer Bankruptcy Practice (2019)
- Co-Vice President of Law School Relations, Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas (2022-23)
- John C. Ford Inn of Court
- Young Lawyers Committee for the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Texas (YLC)
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL)
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- The Honorable Harlin D. Hale, Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas