Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Fan Wu is an associate in O’Melveny’s Beijing office and a member of Corporate Finance and Capital Markets Practice. Previously, Fan focuses her practice on intellectual property, especially on patent prosecution, trademark applications, post-grant proceedings, pre-litigation analysis, IP infringement, IP transaction and IP due diligence on behalf of domestic and foreign clients.
- Mandarin Chinese
- New York
- Suffolk University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Illinois Institute of Technology, MSc in Biology Science
- Shandong University, BSc in Biology Science
- Passed Massachusetts Bar Exam
- Passed Chinese Patent Bar Exam
- “Enhancement of desulfurization activity by enzymes of the Rhodococcus dsz operon through co-expression of high sulfur peptides and directed evolution.” Fuel 112 (2013): 385-390.
- “Enhancement of Microbial Biodesulfurization via Genetic Engineering and Adaptive Evolution.” Plos One, DOI:10.1371/Journal, pone. 01688333 (2017): 1-20.
- Jenscare Scientific Co., Ltd. in its IPO and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- a global leading biopharma company on protecting the potential patent rights of its COVID-19 mRNA vaccine in mainland China, including providing advice on non-infringement and patentability
- a global leading food company on collaborating with local partners in China, especially providing advice on IP related issues
- a leading Singapore company in maternal and infant products industry, including providing advice on filing patent applications and patent infringement risks in China
- an affiliate of a reputable UK university on cooperating with Chinese local partners in research and development, especially on the IP related issues
- a UK pharmaceutical company on its collaboration with a CRO company in China, including providing advice on patent infringement risks
- a German private equity on its acquisition of Bock Germany particularly the Chinese aspects, including IP due diligence of trademarks, patents, and domain names
- a global leading daily necessity company on protecting its trademark rights in China, including providing advice on filing trademark applications, filing non-use cancellations against trademark registered by third parties, and potential trademark infringement risks
- a vitamin and nutrition beauty manufacturer on protecting its trademark rights in China, including providing advice on trademark applications, and fighting against potential infringers
- major and start-up companies, universities, and government departments on prosecuting patent applications mainly in biotechnological and pharmaceutical fields before CNIPA
- a global leading pharmaceutical company on defending the validity of its patents related to a vaccine before Reexamination and Invalidation Department of CNIPA and Beijing Intellectual Property Court
- a pharmaceutical company on analyzing the validity of a crystal form patent, and representing the client in invalidating the same before Reexamination and Invalidation Department of CNIPA
- a bio-tech company on prosecuting patents related to Antibody-Drug-Conjugate preparation method, and representing them in a freedom-to-operate analysis
- a company in dentistry on analyzing non-infringement and validity of a concerned patent related to dental implants, and representing the client in a freedom-to-operate analysis