Henry C. Thumann
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Henry Thumann devotes his practice to high-stakes antitrust matters. He has spent a significant amount of time defending mergers and acquisitions before the U.S. antitrust agencies—the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ)—for clients in an array of industries, including defense, healthcare, computer, supermarket, food products, gaming, and manufacturing.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® for Commercial Litigation in Washington, DC (2022-2023); Henry has been listed in Best Lawyers® since 1989.
- Recommended in litigation by the Euromoney Legal Media Group Expert Guides
- Recommended in antitrust by Chambers USA
- District of Columbia
- Harvard Law School, LL.B., 1960: magna cum laude; Law Review, (1958-1960)
- University of Illinois, B.S., 1957
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Council Committee on Evaluation of Judges and Lawyers (1985-2005)
- Center For Public Resources Antitrust Committee (1986-present)
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference (1982-85), (executive committee (1984 85))
- Executive Committee, Antitrust Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association (1989-present)
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, lawyer representatives (1984-1985)
- ABA Standing Committee on Aeronautical Law (1974-1977)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1986
- American College of Trial Lawyers