Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Jen Cardelús specializes in litigation for pharmaceutical companies, health insurers, and other consumer-oriented businesses. Her practice focuses on defending clients against product-liability, consumer class-action, and healthcare-related claims. She manages large-scale complex commercial litigation coordinated or consolidated in federal and state courts, drafts briefs at all stages of litigation, takes and defends depositions, and manages complex electronic discovery. She also advises clients about privacy issues, including HIPAA compliance.
Jen’s clients have included major companies across a variety of sectors including the pharmaceutical, airline, and energy industries. She also maintains an active pro-bono practice, counseling non-profits about HIPAA issues.
- US District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Harvard University, J.D.
- Stanford University, A.B., American Studies; B.S., Biology
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation and coordinated state actions regarding the marketing of prescription opioid medications
- Developing and implementing appellate strategies for trial teams in high-exposure wrongful death and personal injury matters, including excessive force, transportation, and general liability matters
- Drafting Ninth Circuit amicus brief for industry groups regarding classwide reliance in fraud cases
- Advising a Fortune 500 corporation regarding HIPAA compliance and employee privacy matters
- Representing a shareholder of a privately held corporation in litigation arising from the sale of corporate interests and alleged breaches of fiduciary duties by corporate officers and directors
- Representing employers in litigation over agreements not to compete
- Representing a specialty pharmacy provider in putative nationwide class alleging violations of the TCPA
- Representing a major law firm in arbitration arising from alleged malpractice
- Representing a major airline in antitrust litigation challenging proposed merger
- Representing a developer in litigation over the constitutionality of a statute providing for expedited environmental review
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in investigation relating to theft of trade secrets by a Chinese partner
- Representing a former pharmaceutical executive in government investigation regarding off-label marketing
- Obtaining favorable jury verdict for online publishing company in patent litigation
- Representing, pro bono, Central American immigrants in proceedings relating to applications for special immigrant juvenile status