Jerri is the Firm’s Senior Pro Bono Counsel, managing the Firm’s national and international pro bono program. In this role, she maintains relationships with various public interest legal services organizations, assists attorneys in obtaining new pro bono matters, manages large-scale pro bono projects, and develops innovative pro bono skills training programs, among other responsibilities.
Jerri serves on the board of the Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo). She is also a member of the Federal Bar Council Public Service Committee. In addition, Jerri serves on several internal firm committees, including the Community Legal Services Committee, the Racial Justice Committee, and the Women’s Employee Network in New York.
Jerri is a recognized leader in the pro bono community and was awarded the Public Interest Law Leadership Award by The Legal Aid Society. She was also honored by the New York Law Journal as a “Lawyer Who Leads By Example” for Pro Bono. And Jerri was recognized as the Volunteer Attorney of the Year by Bet Tzedek Legal Services for managing the Holocaust Survivors Justice Network in New York. Jerri also received the O’Melveny & Myers Values Award, an award founded by Warren Christopher that is given to two of the firm’s associates/counsel who exemplify the firm’s values of excellence, leadership, and citizenship.
In addition to Jerri’s vast pro bono experience, she has worked on white collar enforcement matters, securities class actions, and shareholder derivative litigations. She has represented individuals and companies in various regulatory enforcement matters, including investigations brought by the United States Department of Justice, the New York State Attorney General’s Office, and the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, she has conducted corporate internal investigations on behalf of clients.
Honors & Awards
- Honored by The Legal Aid Society with Public Interest Law Leadership Award (2018)
- Named by the New York Law Journal as a “Lawyer Who Lead By Example: Pro Bono” (2014)
- Recognized as the Volunteer Attorney of the Year by Bet Tzedek Legal Services (2010)
- Awarded the O’Melveny & Myers Values Award (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York University, J.D., 1999
- Tufts University, B.S., Political Science, 1996
- Honorable Rya Zobel, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Board Member Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo) (2018 - 2021)
- Board of Trustees of the Federal Bar Foundation (2015-2016)
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo)
- New York City Bar Association
- Pro Bono and Legal Services Committee of New York City Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
- Program Committee of Federal Bar Council
- Public Service Committee of Federal Bar Council
- Advisory Committee of Bet Tzedek’s Holocaust Survivors’ Justice Network
- “Limited Scope Representation: Ethical & Practical Challenges,” Practising Law Institute (2019, 2020, 2021)
- “Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation,” Practising Law Institute (2020)
- “Temporary Protected Status in Legal Clinics and Pro Bono Programs,” Lawline (2016)
- “Why Do Pro Bono?,” Pro Bono Institute (2014)
- Various Pro Bono Conferences (APBCo, PBI, ABA/NLADA Equal Justice, etc.)