Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Jorge deNeve is an accomplished and knowledgeable lawyer specializing in white collar criminal defense, corporate investigations, securities enforcement, and securities litigation.
Jorge’s extensive legal career is diverse and widespread. He began as an associate at O'Melveny, focusing on complex criminal and civil litigation, including defending accountants and a “Big Four" accounting firm. Jorge then joined the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's Los Angeles Regional Office, where he served as a staff attorney for almost four years. During Jorge's tenure with the SEC, he investigated numerous cases with many resulting in enforcement actions involving allegations of financial fraud, disclosure fraud, market timing, offering fraud, and misconduct by independent accountants. In addition, Jorge worked closely with federal prosecutors and regulators from other agencies.
Jorge rejoined O'Melveny in 2007, where he practiced for four years before accepting a position as General Counsel for a client. In this role, he advised management on legal matters and supervised outside counsel. Jorge later rejoined O'Melveny again in late 2012.
Jorge was honored by Latin Lawyer magazine as a leading anti-corruption lawyer and credited with combining his experience at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission with his Spanish language skills in investigations in Latin America.
Corporate & Government Experience
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's Los Angeles Regional Office
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.S., Cognitive Science, 1992
- Honorable Audrey B. Collins, US District Court, Central District of California (1999-2000)
- Honorable Harry Pregerson, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1998)
- “Legal Ethics and Criminal Law,” Southwestern Law School (July 2010)
- “Avoid Club Fed: White Collar Crime and Corporate Investigations,” Hispanic National Bar Association 2013 Annual Convention (Sept. 2013)
- Co-Author, “The SEC is pushing the limits of insider trading enforcement,” Fortune (February 8, 2022)
- “The Game Changer: Dealing with the Dodd Frank Act,” Hispanic National Bar Association Mid-Year Conference (March 2012)
- “Parallel Proceedings: The Intersection of Civil and Criminal Cases,” CalCPA Litigation Section Meeting (June 2010)
- “Municipal Securities Examination and Enforcement Priorities,” SIFMA-MSRB Municipal Securities Regulation Seminar (June 2010)
- Represented corporations and individuals in a number of financial and disclosure fraud investigations by the SEC and federal prosecutors
- Conducted corporate internal investigations into potential FCPA violations for multiple companies
- Represented corporations and individuals in a number of SEC and DOJ investigations concerning potential FCPA violations in various countries including Mexico
- Provided FCPA compliance training and consultation to multiple companies
- Conducted multiple corporate internal investigations concerning potential misconduct by senior officers of corporations
- Conducted multiple corporate internal investigations concerning allegations of financial and disclosure fraud raised by whistleblowers
- Represented investment advisers, broker-dealers, and associated persons facing investigations and inquiries by the SEC or FINRA
- Represented individuals facing insider trading investigations by the SEC or FINRA
- Represented corporations in internal investigations and SEC investigations alleging insider trading
- Defended broker-dealers and registered representatives in FINRA arbitration matters
- Represented one of the largest subprime lenders in investigations by the SEC, federal prosecutors, and a bankruptcy examiner
- Successfully defended a government bond issuer in an SEC investigation against allegations of disclosure fraud
- Successfully defended a real estate investment firm in an SEC investigation against allegations of failing to comply with the SEC’s solicitation and broker-dealer registration requirements
- Successfully defended international investment firm in SEC investigation concerning investor disclosures
- Successfully defended private equity firm in SEC investigation regarding alleged fraudulent representations to investors
- Successfully defended the former CEO of a clothing manufacturer and retailer in an SEC investigations against allegations of fraudulent disclosures in a proxy statement
- Successfully defended corporations and senior officers in various shareholder securities and derivative actions
- Successfully defended a partner at a consulting firm in a civil action alleging fraudulent overbilling
- Successfully defended Mexico’s state-owned salt mining company against a multi-billion dollar civil lawsuit alleging breach of contract