Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Kayla Haran is a litigation associate in O’Melveny’s New York office. Kayla focuses her practice on consumer class actions, privacy and data security, financial services, and other complex commercial disputes, as well as regulatory matters and related investigations.
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Harvard Law School, J.D.; Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology
- American University, B.A., Law & Society: summa cum laude
- Defended a multinational investment bank and financial services company in a putative class action challenging overdraft fees.
- Advised a provider of residential and commercial mortgage loans in an investigation regarding a data security incident.
- Defended a multinational financial institution in connection with an investigation of potential claims relating to dividend recapitalizations and related transactions from a former portfolio company that filed for Chapter 11 protection.
- Defended a leading manufacturer of consumer packaged goods from consumer class action claims related to labeling and contents of pet food products in a multi-district litigation.
- Litigated a pro bono wrongful death suit brought against the City of New York on behalf of an inmate who committed suicide in jail.