Lindsay Conner is a leading corporate entertainment lawyer, with a focus on film, television and digital content. He has served as chief outside entertainment counsel for major film studios and television networks, global telecommunications companies, film and television production and distribution companies, rights owners and content owners, and digital media companies, as well as for banks, financial institutions, private equity funds and high-net-worth investors. Lindsay’s clientele span the globe, from North America to Asia, Europe and Latin America. Lindsay has been quoted in media ranging from The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times to the China Global Television Network. He has been honored by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the “Top 20 Dealmakers of the Year” and one of the “Top 100 Power Lawyers in Hollywood,” and by Variety as one of “50 Game-Changing Attorneys in Hollywood” and one of the “Variety 500,” Variety’s list of the top 500 most important people in the global entertainment and media industries.
Lindsay has restructured the production and distribution of a multibillion-dollar television franchise, closed half-billion-dollar feature film finance and distribution deals, negotiated studio film slate and independent film financing deals, and structured international television finance, production and distribution deals. He regularly closes deals for equity investments in, as well as for the acquisition of, entertainment companies and film and television assets.
According to attorney-ranking publication Chambers, “Lindsay Conner is a highly respected transactional lawyer who has impressed clients with his sophisticated approach and deep industry experience. ‘He is exceedingly clever; the other side respects him—he can hold his own against anyone in the world.’”
Honors & Awards
- Ranked by Chambers USA for Media & Entertainment: Transactional (2022)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 US for Sport (2022).
- Profiled in Variety’s “Legal Impact Report” for 2012, 2014 and 2016–2021. This report is a prestigious annual feature that identifies Hollywood attorneys who are “guiding the biz.”
- Named as one of the top-ranked attorneys in media and entertainment, Chambers USA, 2013–2021.
- Named as one of the “Variety 500” in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. This is Variety’s list of the 500 most important people in the global entertainment and media industries, including film and television stars, directors, executives, financiers, agents and attorneys.
- Profiled in Variety’s “Dealmakers Impact Report” for 2009, 2012 and 2014–2021. This report is a prestigious annual feature that identifies key Hollywood dealmakers—corporate strategists, financiers and attorneys—who are making things happen in the entertainment industry.
- Named to The Legal 500 United States’ elite “Leading Lawyers” list for Media and Entertainment, 2017-2022.
- Named as one of the “Top 100 Power Lawyers in Entertainment” by The Hollywood Reporter, 2014–2019.
- Named as one of the “Top 20 Dealmakers of the Year” by The Hollywood Reporter, 2016 and 2017.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016–2022.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.: magna cum laude; Editor, Harvard Law Review
- Occidental College, M.A.
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.: summa cum laude
- Former Member, Los Angeles Community College Board
- Former President, California Community College Trustees
- Quoted, “Forget ScarJo vs. Disney. Hollywood’s streaming fight is just beginning,” Los Angeles Times (August 16, 2021)
- Quoted, “‘Dune’ and ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ studio Legendary stages a comeback. Will it fetch a buyer?” Los Angeles Times (August 10, 2021)
- Interviewed, “U.S.-China Media: Three Perspectives and Lang Lang,” Asia Society (November 19, 2020)
- Quoted, “What Hollywood Wants From a Biden Presidency: Fix China, Handle Coronavirus,” The Wrap (November 11, 2020)
- Panelist, "How Asia Markets Have Changed and What it Means for Hollywood," Asia Society Southern California’s 2022 US-Asia Entertainment Summit (October 30, 2022)
- Speaker, “Business Strategy and Risk Management of Cross-border Projects in Entertainment Industry,” Shanghai Glinks Law Firm (May 19, 2021)
- Speaker, “U.S.-China Media: Three Perspectives & Lang Lang,” 2020 U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit (November 19, 2020)
- Panelist, “Asia–Hollywood–What’s Next?” Asian World Film Festival Industry Forum (November 11, 2019)
- Moderator, “OTT Streaming Updates: Market Landscape and New Players,” AFM 2019 (November 8, 2019)
- Moderator, “Binge Frenzy: Streaming a Diversity of Content,” 2019 U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit, (November 5, 2019)
- Panelist, “Digital Deals 2.0: The Current Digital Landscape,” Beverly Hills Bar Association Entertainment Law Section (June 19, 2019)
- Moderator, “Transitioning Chinese Film Production into a Global Standard,” Global Film Industry Value Chain Development Forum (June 15, 2019)
- Panelist, “The Future of U.S.-China Co-production Films under the Current Trade War,” Sino-U.S. Culture Summit (November 2, 2018)
- Speaker, “Courtship Interruptus: Have Hollywood-China Ties Hit a Speed Bump or Great Wall?” U.S.-China Entertainment Summit (October 30, 2018)
- Moderator, “Getting Deeper Into the Game: What Asia Brings to U.S. Sports,” U.S.-Asia Sports Business Forum (April 23, 2018)
- Moderator, U.S.-China Film Summit (November 1, 2016)
- Speaker, “Legal Aces on Dealmaking in the Digital Age: Holograms, eSports, Startups… and China,” TheGrill 2016 (October 27, 2016)
- Panelist, “Film Financing” and “Co-Productions & Cross-Cultural Collaboration – China Focus,” Asian World Festival (October 25-26, 2016)
- Panelist, “Virtual Reality: Promise vs. Reality and Where Do We Go from Here?” 2016 Siemer Summit (October 18-19, 2016)
- Panelist, “Recent Digital Media Trends and Their Impact on the Entertainment Industry,” ACC’s Sports and Entertainment (June 22, 2016)
- Panelist, “Corporate Ventures—The New Era of Chinese & Hollywood Studios,” Film Finance Forum China (June 13, 2016)
- Panelist, “What Defines the Next Generation Studio And Who are the New Power Players?” Film Finance Forum East (April 13, 2016)
- Panelist, “The Future of Movie Going: What Will it Take to Keep Film in China Growing?” Asia Society’s U.S.-China Film Summit (November 5, 2015)
- Moderator, “China’s Convergence: Online Giants’ Blueprint for Tomorrow’s Film Industry,” Annual Film Finance Forum China (June 16, 2015)
- Panelist, “The Film Business: New Opportunities for Strategic, Financial and Alternative Investors,” Winston Baker’s TV & Film Finance Forum East (April 15, 2015)
- Panelist, “New Players: Fresh Forces in Cross-Border Film Finance,” Asia Society’s U.S.-China Film Summit (November 5, 2014)
- Panelist, “The Film Panel: The New Breed of Studio,” Zurich Summit (September 27, 2014)
- Panelist, “Navigating through the New Capital Stack for Single Picture Deals,” Film Finance Forum (March 5, 2014)
- Speaker, “Trends in Global Film and TV Financing,” The Grill @ Locations Show: An Industry Summit (June 28, 2013)
- Speaker, “Deal Makers Roundtable: A Look at the Future of Entertainment Industry,” Digital Media Wire’s Future of Film Summit (December 8, 2009)