Randall Edwards focuses his practice in three core areas and, in many cases, where they intersect: privacy and data-security litigation and advice, consumer class-action defense, and complex commercial litigation. He represents clients in courts at the federal and state levels, including in multi-district litigation proceedings. His experience includes class and non-class actions involving privacy issues, data-security breaches, and enforcement of risk-management programs, as well as other pre-litigation disputes and high-stakes litigation spanning from defending companies from consumer-protection challenges to litigating unfair competition, breach-of-contract, and business tort disputes.
Randall counsels clients in numerous sectors, including financial services and payments companies, merchants and product manufacturers, consumer service providers, and technology companies. He holds a CIPP/US certification by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Randall also has extensive experience with matters involving California’s Unfair Competition Law and has lectured and published on the UCL and other topics.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Legal 500 in Financial Services Litigation (2013, 2018), Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action - Consumer Products (2015-2017), and Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action - Automotive/Transport (2010-2011, 2015, 2017)
- Selected to the National Law Journal’s “Trailblazers - Cybersecurity & Data Privacy” list (2016)
- Named a Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney by Northern California Super Lawyers (2016, 2018)
- US District Courts for the Central, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1995: cum laude; Associate Articles Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Yale University, B.A., Economics, 1992: cum laude
- Honorable Charles E. Wiggins, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit