Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Bob Fisher focuses his practice on the tax aspects of corporate transactions. He has experience advising, structuring, and implementing corporate and partnership acquisitions and dispositions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and stock and asset transactions. Bob also has experience in the formation and financing of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, and leasing transactions. A creative problem solver known for also crafting cost-efficient solutions, he has advised start-up companies as well as private and public mid-cap and large international entities.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US for Tax (2017-2022)
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1998: Order of the Coif
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 1995: magna cum laude
- “Anti-Morris Trust Legislation: Common Plan, Plan and Non-Plan Factors, And Letter Rulings,” Tax Notes Today (1999)
- New York University 66th Institute on Federal Taxation (November 2007)
- Represented Mitsui in numerous acquisitions and investments.
- Represented HID Global in numerous acquisitions.
- Represented Live Nation in multiple acquisitions of S corporations.
- Represented SMART Global Holdings in the acquisition of Artesyn Embedded and Inforce Computing.
- Represented Edwards Lifesciences Corporation in the acquisition of Valtech Cardio.
- Represented a television broadcasting company in its debt restructuring.
- Represented a developer of technology neurostimulation devices in connection with the sale of all of the stock of the company for cash and deferred payments.
- Represented a large investment company in connection with the sale of a portion of the stock of the company with deferred sale of the remaining stock.
- Represented an internet search company in the acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented several private equity companies in numerous acquisitions of C corporations, S corporations, LLCs, and partnerships.
- Represented numerous investors and issuing companies in connection with the issuance of common stock, preferred stock and debt.