Steve Warren specializes in corporate finance, reorganizations, restructurings, and financial/bankruptcy litigation. His practice includes workouts, restructurings and bankruptcies, as counsel to both creditors and corporate debtors. Steve also represents clients in structuring complex financial transactions.
Additionally, Steve defends officers and directors in insolvency-related litigation, in which he often works in conjunction with members of our Litigation Department. His D&O representations include successful resolutions in the ATM Acquisitions litigation in Delaware Chancery Court, First Executive-Executive Life Insurance securities and policy holder litigation and the Imperial Savings-RTC litigation. He also advises clients concerning bankruptcy risks in corporate transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2020 for Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law in Los Angeles, CA; Steve has been listed in Best Lawyers® since 2006.
- Named a Restructuring & Insolvency Expert by Who’s Who Legal (2018)
- Chambers USA (2011-2017)
- Legal 500 US (2017, 2019)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in a survey conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc. and published in Los Angeles magazine
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel Edition
- US District Court, Central, Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Third Circuits
- US Supreme Court
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1988: with distinction; Order of the Coif; ranked second in class; Urban A. Sondheimer Scholastic Award
- Stanford University, B.A., Economics and Political Science, 1983: with distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- The Honorable Harry L. Hupp, US District Court, Central District of California
- American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”) (elected “Best of ABI” speaker); Financial Lawyers Conference; Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- “Distressed Healthcare: Significant Considerations For Buyers, Sellers, Lenders, And Borrowers,” American Health Lawyers Association Annual Conference 2009, Washington, D.C.
- “A Creditors’ Bargain Perspective of FDIC Insolvencies,” Financial Services Yearbook, Volume 1
- “With Friends Like These: Protecting Participants in Integrated Delivery Systems from Bankruptcy and Insolvency Risks,” 1995 Health Law Handbook
- “Feasting in a Flak Jacket: Bankruptcy Risks and Opportunities for Solvent Health Care Organizations,” 1998 Health Law Handbook