Timothy B. Heafner
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Timothy Heafner represents a broad range of clients in the sports and entertainment industries, as well as other Fortune 500 companies, in complex litigation matters. Timothy has advised clients ranging from boxing promoters and superstars; to motion picture, media entertainment companies; to land development companies; to non-profit organizations in a variety of disputes, including matters in connection with breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, and copyright issues.
- Loyola Law School, J.D.: magna cum laude; Sayer MacNeil Scholar; Order of the Coif; Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Loyola Marymount University, B.B.A.: magna cum laude
- "Does Remote Testimony Eliminate the 100-Mile Rule?," Law.com (October 13, 2022)
- Honorable Sandra Ikuta, United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Represented boxing promoter Top Rank, Inc., and Manny Pacquiao in various matters, including Pacquiao’s "Fight of the Century" against Floyd Mayweather, as well as in disputes ranging from breach of contract to defamation to tortious interference, to copyright disputes.
- Representing a major motion picture company in a copyright and breach of contract action involving merchandising rights issues.
- Represented Fortune 500 land development company, Lennar Corp., in multiple matters and was part of the trial team that won a US$1 billion jury verdict in Florida.
- Represented a non-profit organization founded by a star NFL quarterback in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty action brought against the organization’s former marketing company.
- Represented a major media entertainment company in a “vertical integration” and breach of contract action involving a long-running television show.
- Represented the creators of the multibillion-dollar video game franchises Call of Duty and Modern Warfare in a lawsuit against a videogame publisher for breach of contract, wrongful termination, and fraud related to nonpayment of bonuses and unauthorized development of sequels and other games.
- Representing major motion picture company in various breach of contract and profit participation disputes