Warren Lazarow, Firmwide Co-Chairman of O’Melveny’s Corporate Department, is nationally and internationally recognized as one of the market’s leading advisors to technology-focused companies and investors. Warren primarily focuses his practice on the corporate representation of public and private technology companies, venture capital and private equity firms, and investment banks. He is a boardroom-level advisor who frequently serves as outside general counsel, helping management teams, boards of directors, and investors shape and execute their business strategies, and providing experienced counsel on legal issues ranging from day-to-day corporate and regulatory matters to high-stakes strategic matters. Over the course of his career, Warren has handled more than 150 M&A transactions ranging from US$1 million to more than US$5 billion; more than 100 public offerings of equity, debt, and convertible securities, raising more than US$2.6 billion; and more than 750 private financings spanning initial seed financings, venture capital financings, growth capital financings, private equity financings, and recapitalizations.
Warren has been chosen four times for inclusion on Forbes Magazine’s prestigious “Midas List” of the technology industry’s Top 100 Dealmakers Worldwide. Law firm rankings publications, including Chambers & Partners (USA and Global guides), Legal 500, Global Counsel, IFLR, and Practical Law Company, have awarded him high rankings in listings of top lawyers for “Corporate/M&A,” “Capital Markets,” “Communications/Technology,” “Venture Capital and Emerging Companies,” and “Private Equity - Buyouts: $10 billion and above.” Legal 500, in its “Venture Capital and Emerging Companies” section, describes Warren as “highly recommended by clients in the [technology] space for his ‘truly significant experience’” and the “key person in the [industry] for all manner of corporate legal issues.” Chambers and Partners notes that Warren is “praised for his practical and intelligent advice” and that he is “particularly known for his representation of technology companies in the emerging companies space.” Numerous business and legal media outlets, including PE Hub Wire, FeedBlitz, The Deal, TechCrunch, The Daily Deal, Private Equity Law 360, Term Sheet, The Recorder, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Silicon Valley Business Journal, MSNBC, VentureBeat and CNN, have quoted Warren or covered transactions on which he has worked. He has spoken on issues impacting technology companies before audiences throughout the US, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, and Europe.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Warren was the Head of the Business and Technology Practice for Northern California, a member of the Board of Directors, and the Managing Partner of the Silicon Valley Office of another AmLaw 50 international law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Brooklyn Law School Annual Alumni Association, Co-Alumni of the Year Award, 2008
- Ranked on the ICFM list of top 500 leading lawyers in the world (2015)
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of “Venture Capital Law” (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Named by California Law Business to its list of “California’s Top 25 Lawyers Under the Age of 45”
- Named by San Jose Magazine to its list of “Top Lawyers in the Silicon Valley”
- Named by Global Counsel to its list of “Highly Recommended Lawyers for Private Equity/Venture Capital”
- Named by Madison Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals to its “Honors Edition”
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1986: Notes Editor, Brooklyn Law Review; American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure; Morris Scholarship
- Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, A.B., 1982: cum laude
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- California Bar Association
Board of Directors
- Zyzzyva, a non-profit dedicated to fostering a lively community around the contemporary arts in the San Francisco Bay Area
Board of Governors
- University Cottage Club, Princeton University
- “The SEC’s Regulation of the Financial Press: The Legal and Constitutional Implications of the Misappropriation Theory,” Brooklyn Law Review
- “Technology M&A Case Strategies: Acquisition of Clear Shape Technologies by Cadence Design Systems,” Aspatore Books