Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Owen Kim is a corporate counsel in the Seoul office who focuses his practice on general corporate law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic transactions, cross-border transactions, and corporate governance.
Prior to joining O’Melveny’s Seoul office, Owen practiced in the corporate group in O’Melveny’s New York office and at other major US law firms.
Owen earned his J.D. at Cornell Law School.
- New York
- Korea: Foreign Legal Consultant (New York)
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., Psychology
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX), a leading global investment business investing capital on behalf of pension funds, large institutions and individuals, in its US $1.4 billion acquisition of Sphera, a leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance software, data, and consulting services.
- Avantor, Inc. (NYSE: AVTR), a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the life sciences and advanced technologies & applied materials industries, in its $2.9 billion acquisition of the Masterflex bioprocessing business and related assets of Antylia Scientific, a privately held, portfolio company of investment firms GTCR and Golden Gate Capital.
- ION Acquisition Corp 1 Ltd. (NYSE: IACA), a special purpose acquisition corporation, in its US$2.6 billion business combination with Taboola.com Ltd., a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web.
- Integrum Holdings, an investment firm focused on partnering with technology-enabled services companies, in its acquisition of Merchant eSolutions, Inc., an end-to-end payment platform offering flexible and secure payment processing.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: DORM), a leading supplier in the automotive aftermarket industry, in its US$338 million strategic acquisition of Dayton Parts, a producer of high-quality suspension and steering components for heavy duty trucks.
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management, one of the world’s leading investment managers, in its strategic investment in Visual Comfort & Co, a leading provider of preeminent branded resources for decorative and architectural lighting and ceiling fans, partnering with AEA Investors, and Leonard Green & Partners, L.P.
- FS Development Corp. (NASDAQ: FSDC), a special purpose acquisition corporation, in its US$216 million business combination with Gemini Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical stage precision medicine company developing treatments for genetically defined age-related macular degeneration.
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional fund managers, in its joint venture with The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a Fortune 500 company that generates and distributes electrical power, to merge the sPower development platform, a leading independent solar developer in the United States, with AES' US-based clean energy development business.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LNTH), a leader in the development, manufacture and commercialization of innovative diagnostic imaging agents and products, in its US$500 million acquisition of Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PGNX), a pharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative drugs to improve the lives of prostate cancer patients.
- Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM), the largest for-profit managed health care company in the United States, in its acquisition of Beacon Health Options, the largest independently held behavioral health organization in the United States.
- Baxter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), an American multinational health care company, in its US$350 million acquisition of the Seprafilm adhesion barrier device and related assets from Sanofi S.A. (NASDAQ: SNY), a French multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Advanz Pharma Corp. Limited (TXS: ADVZ), a multi-national pharmaceutical company headquartered in London, in its US$76 million merger with Correvio Pharma Corp. (NASDAQ: CORV) (TSX: CORV), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on providing innovative, high-quality brands that meet the needs of acute care physicians.