LNG Export Engineering and Construction Conference 2023: Contracting and Risk Management on Major LNG Projects
May 31, 2023
O’Melveny partner Monica Hwang will moderate a panel discussing contracting and risk management for LNG projects. Hwang counsels clients on energy related project development matters including joint ventures and complex commercial transactions. Hwang holds key experience in the field, previously serving an integral role in the development of Freeport LNG—at the time, the largest non-recourse project financing in history—as well a consortium of investors into the Dominican Republic LNG import terminal, for which the joint venture won Latin American Finance Project of the Year.
This session includes the following topics:
- Changing Contracting Model - from lump sum turnkey to reimbursable and open book lump sum and why that matters
- Risk Structure - How to create more fairness in the risk structure between operators and contractors in a highly volatile commodity pricing backdrop
- Contracting Philosophies - Hear how project owners decide on their contracting philosophies
- Common Mistakes & Pitfalls - Hear from EPC’s on what they consistently see the owners forgetting in the contracting phase
- Breaking the Cycle of “Someone Always Loses” – How to create a risk structure which is a “win-win” for all parties
LNG Export Engineering and Construction Conference 2023
May 31 - June 1
Contracting and Risk Management on Major LNG Projects
Wednesday, May 31
16:10 pm – 5:00 pm
Learn more and register here.