O’Melveny Named a California Regional Powerhouse by Law360八月 05, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS ANGELES—August 5, 2022—O’Melveny has been named a 2022 Law360 “Regional Powerhouse” in the state of California. This year’s list features firms that are “handling some of the biggest deals and most high-profile courtroom battles.”
Law360 recognized O’Melveny for “its reputation as a relentless client advocate” and highlighted an array of the firm’s recent achievements, including:
- successfully defending Johnson & Johnson against public nuisance claims brought by the state over tied to the opioid crisis;
- advising South Korea entertainment company CJ ENM on its US$850 million acquisition of an 80% stake in Endeavor Content;
- representing Ripple Health Group in its acquisition by mental health wellness brand Calm;
- helping Google beat digital picture frame patent infringement claims, among others;
- spearheading Southern California Gas and Sempra Energy’s US$1.8 billion settlement in the wake of the 2015 Aliso Canyon gas leak.
“We have creative and intellectual talent… who are relentless in our pursuit of our clients' goals, consistent with the highest ethical standards,” said Apalla Chopra, co-chair of O'Melveny's Litigation Department. "We pride ourselves on that, and I think it's part of our well-earned reputation."
Eric Richards, co-chair of O’Melveny’s Corporate Department, added that the business cycle on the deal-making side continues to expand despite the pandemic's effects. “Volatility in the public equity markets has delayed some clients and slowed some deal work, but it hasn't stopped at all,” Richards said.
Law360’s full award profile of O’Melveny can be found here.
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com, hear what our lawyers, staff, and clients have to say in Our DNA video series, or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, annual report, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 213 430 8024
# # #