Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Adit Khorana represents clients in the structuring and negotiation of complex domestic and international technology transactions, including strategic alliances, joint ventures, and other collaboration and partnering arrangements, acquisitions and spin-offs, licensing, development and distribution arrangements, and litigation settlements. Additionally, he provides strategic counseling regarding all aspects of intellectual property and technology law.
Adit advises technology companies, from start-ups to Fortune 100 corporations, with particular emphasis on semiconductor, mobile/wireless, artificial intelligence/machine learning, robotics, virtual/augmented reality, cloud computing, big data, Internet, computer hardware/software, and consumer electronics companies. Adit also regularly counsels emerging technology companies regarding business and revenue models and strategies, as well as a broad range of technology and intellectual property issues.
While attending Stanford Law School, Adit served as an editor of the Stanford Law & Technology Review.
Honors & Awards
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500 US 2018 (Industry Focus: Media, technology and telecoms – Technology: transactions)
Registered to Practice
- United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1994: Editor, Stanford Law & Technology Review
- Purdue University, B.S., 1990, Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering, summa cum laude
- "Videogames, Work and Commerce in the Metaverse," Stanford Digital Economy Best Practices Conference (June 13, 2022)
- Advised Broadcom on its agreement to acquire Symantec’s Enterprise Security business for $10.7 billion.
- Advised TiVo on its agreement to combine with Xperi Corporation in an all-stock transaction, representing approximately $3 billion of combined enterprise value, creating a leading consumer and entertainment technology business and one of the industry’s largest intellectual property licensing platforms.
- Advised Broadcom on its agreement to acquire CA Technologies, one of the world's leading providers of information technology management software and solutions, for $18.9 billion.
- Advised Exor on its agreement to invest $200 million in Via Transportation’s Series E preferred stock financing round.
- Advised The Carlyle Group on its majority investment in HireVue, which provides a comprehensive suite of AI-driven talent assessment and video interviewing solutions.
- Advised digital communications platform SendGrid on its agreement to sell to Twilio in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $2 billion.
- Advised SoftBank Vision Fund on its agreement to invest $450 million in Compass, making it the largest real estate tech investment in US history.
- Advised SoftBank Vision Fund on leading a $205 million funding round for Collective Health.
- Advised Chrome River Technologies on its merger with Certify, a combination valued at more than $1 billion that brings together two global leaders in travel, expense and invoice management software.
- Advised the SoftBank Vision Fund on its $940 million investment in Nuro, a robotics company transforming local commerce.
- Advised Clearlake Capital Group-backed Perforce Software on its agreement to acquire Rogue Wave Software, a leading independent provider of cross-platform software developer tools and embedded components.
- Advised SoftBank Vision Fund on leading Relay Therapeutics’ $400 million Series C financing.
- Represented SoftBank Vision Fund on leading real estate technology company Compass’ $400 million Series F financing round.
- Represented SoftBank Vision Fund on its $240 million Series C investment in Brandless.
- Advised Mattersight, a pioneer in personality-based software applications, on its agreement to sell to an affiliate of NICE, a provider of cloud and local enterprise software solutions.
- Advised Livestream on its sale to Vimeo, the world’s largest ad-free open video platform.
- Advised SoftBank Vision Fund, which led a $1.1 billion equity investment in Roivant Sciences.