Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Brittany Rogers, a securities litigation partner in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles Office, defends companies and their officers and directors in high profile lawsuits in state and federal court. Brittany’s diverse practice spans securities litigation, corporate governance disputes, and complex business litigation, with a particular emphasis on securities class actions, derivative suits, and fiduciary duty litigation. She has an impressive track record of obtaining early dismissals in securities matters and successfully defending clients who face multiple overlapping lawsuits in different jurisdictions. Brittany also represents companies, boards, and special committees in government and internal investigations, where she has significant experience advising on conflicts and privilege issues.
Brittany is known for her strategic approach to cases and her ability to achieve favorable solutions for her clients' most pressing concerns. At O'Melveny, Brittany emphasizes teamwork, efficiency, and the primacy of her clients' goals. Her commitment to excellence, leadership, and citizenship has been recognized with the Warren Christopher Values Award, the highest honor awarded by O'Melveny.
In addition to her legal work, Brittany serves as O’Melveny’s Firmwide Work Advisor Partner, and she is a longtime member of the Los Angeles Office's Employment Committee. Outside of the Firm, Brittany is the President-Elect of the Federal Bar Association, Los Angeles Chapter. She is also dedicated to pro bono work involving social impact litigation and the representation of underserved litigants.
Honors & Awards
- US Supreme Court victory for China Agritech named a National Impact Case by Benchmark Litigation California (2019)
- US District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California, Northern District of Florida, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- Harvard University, J.D.: cum laude
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Highest Honors in Legal Studies; Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Michael W. Fitzgerald, US District Court, Central District of California
- Federal Bar Association, Los Angeles Chapter, President-Elect
- “A Private Right to Sue Over Tender Offers,” Daily Journal (April 22, 2019)
- “Leveraging Search Experts and Technology for Targeted Risk Oversight,” Corporate Compliance Insights (July 2018)
- Podcast, “SCOTUS DIG Deepens Uncertainty over Shareholder Suits,” The Daily Journal (April 26, 2019)
- Secured pre-discovery dismissals of securities class actions and derivative lawsuits filed against clients in various industries, including a multinational semiconductor company, a commercial real estate credit REIT, a leading global real estate and investment management firm, and an energy services company.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed company in an appeal to the US Supreme Court, resulting in a unanimous decision for O’Melveny’s client that significantly limited the scope of equitable tolling in securities class actions across the country.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national law firm that faced civil RICO, false advertising, and tort claims filed by a competitor.
- Coordinated high-profile board-level investigations at public and private institutions and advised boards on governance matters.
- Defeated multiple attempts to obtain attorney-client privileged materials and attorney work product generated during board-level investigations.
- Defended a national bank and its executive officers in multiple consumer class actions challenging banking practices, mortgage servicing policies, and customer fees.
- Obtained pre-discovery dismissal of civil RICO action against natural resources company.
- Represented a US-based technology company in a tax investigation by the European Commission.
- Litigated to favorable settlement numerous complex commercial lawsuits involving alleged securities fraud, products liability, personal injury, copyright, real estate, media and entertainment, ERISA, and business disputes, in addition to actions instituted by state attorneys general.