Christian is an Of Counsel in the Firm’s Brussels office and an expert in competition law.
Qualified as a German Rechtsanwalt, he has spent the past 15 years practicing in London and Brussels. During this time he has counselled some of the world's leading businesses on their headline-grabbing transactions and bet-the company litigation. Several of these cases serve as precedents for the way antitrust is practiced today.
Christian’s competition law practice specializes in multi-jurisdictional merger cases as well as defenses in complex abuse of dominance and cartel investigations. He regularly counsels clients with strategic antitrust-related advice on M&A transactions, the drafting of distribution and other cooperation agreements, and the preparation and presentation of compliance programs. Christian has extensive experience representing clients before the European Commission, the German Federal Cartel Office and other agencies around the world. In addition to his antitrust practice, Christian helps clients navigate German foreign investment screening procedures. He also has litigation experience in SEC and DOJ investigations under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Germany, Rechtsanwalt
- Belgium, Avocat
- State of Berlin, 2nd State Exam, Law
- University of Glasgow, LL.M., European Legal Studies; Postgraduate representative to the Student Representative Council
- Freie Universität Berlin, 1st State Exam, Law
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- “Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers in the European Union,” contributor (Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2021)
- “Competition Compliance” contributor to chapter on EU law (Lexology, Getting The Deal Through, 2021)
- “Don’t Open Till Doomsday: FDI Screening in the EU—A Cure for a Covid-19-Struck Economy?,” Journal of Bankruptcy Law (August 18, 2020) (nominated for the 2021 Antitrust Writing Awards by Concurrences and George Washington University)