Eric Zabinski has a broad corporate practice that includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, investment and financing transactions, and international deals as well as providing general corporate guidance to public and private companies in a wide range of industries.
Eric has significant experience in the representation of private equity funds and their portfolio companies in investments, leveraged acquisitions, and other buyouts. Eric also has substantial experience in cross-border deals, with a particular focus on China-related transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Los Angeles Magazine featured Eric as a Southern California Super Lawyers’ Rising Star
- Chambers Asia has rated Eric with a Band 1 ranking in the category of “Venture Capital Investment (International Firms): China”
- Chambers Global lists Eric as a foreign-based expert in the category of “China: Corporate/M&A (International Firms)”
- Stanford University, J.D., 1998: Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School of Business, B.S., 1992: summa cum laude; Beta Gamma Sigma
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science, B.S.E., Computer Engineering, 1992: summa cum laude; Tau Beta Pi
- “Assessing the State of M&A in China” in Inside the Minds: Best Practices for International Business Transactions in China, 2011 edition, published by Aspatore; “Ministry of Culture Issues Comprehensive Regulation on Online Games,” Asia IP (September 2010); “Navigating the Challenges of Cross-Border M&A,” The Deal Magazine (May 29, 2009); “New Opportunities and Challenges When Doing Business with the Government,” Government Contract Litigation Reporter (April 6, 2009); “Cram-Downs Present Conflict of Interest for Interested Directors,” Los Angeles Daily Journal (April 5, 2002); “From Formation to First Financing: A Guide for Technology Startups,” Los Angeles Business Journal (May 15, 2000); “Your Web Page Could Be Giving You Customers You Don't Want,” Boston Business Journal (June 20, 1997).