George C. Demos
Chief Operating Officer / Partner
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
As Chief Operating Officer, George Demos oversees all facets of the firm’s business operations, with a focus on O’Melveny maintaining its innovative position within the legal profession. He is a member of the firm’s leadership team, which develops and implements O’Melveny’s strategic plans.
As the founder of O’Melveny’s Health Care and Life Sciences Practice, George has represented major health care organizations in litigation, transactions, and complex regulatory matters, including numerous internal investigations, enforcement actions, and compliance matters. He is a trusted advisor to several national managed care companies.
Outside of O’Melveny, George maintains numerous leadership positions in his community.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® for Health Care Law in Los Angeles, CA (2023); George has been listed in Best Lawyers® since 2006.
- Named to the “2016 Best Lawyers in Los Angeles,” published in The Wall Street Journal
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in a survey published in Los Angeles magazine (2009-2015)
- US District Court, Central, Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of Southern California, J.D., 1989: Order of the Coif
- California State University, Long Beach, Graduate School of Business Administration, 1984-86: Passed all parts of May 1986 California Certified Public Accountant Examination; Beta Gamma Sigma
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1984: cum laude; departmental honors with highest distinction
- Interim General Counsel for a large, integrated delivery system comprised of a hospital, HMO, and physician clinic health care system