Jillian Weinstein is O’Melveny’s Deputy General Counsel. In that capacity, Jillian serves as counselor to the firm’s lawyers and management at all levels, providing guidance with regard to a vast range of matters, including client intake; engagement documentation and management; policy development and enforcement; conflicts; proposed pro bono matters; fee disputes; the interpretation, refinement, and enforcement of the firm’s partnership agreement; data management and security; subpoenas and discovery served on the firm; lateral intake and integration issues; separation and retirement matters; daily labor and employment counseling; and the defense of malpractice claims in litigation and arbitrations.
Prior to assuming the role of the firm’s Deputy GC, Jillian practiced as a litigator at the firm, representing public and private companies in a variety of complex civil, employment, and labor matters. She counseled and litigated on behalf of employers on numerous issues in different arenas, including discrimination, wage and hour, privacy, independent contractor, and expense reimbursement matters in federal and state court, as well as dealing with various federal and state agency investigations and arbitrations. Jillian has extensive experience in the representation of airlines and service providers with respect to Airline Deregulation Act and Railway Labor Act cases, including arbitrations, mediations, and hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and National Mediation Board.
She also devotes a portion of her practice to pro bono work, including immigration-related issues.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Warren Christopher Values Award for exemplifying O’Melveny’s values of uncompromising excellence, distinctive leadership, and superior citizenship (2020)
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, First and Ninth Circuits
- Southwestern University, J.D.: magna cum laude; Dean's List; Recipient, Dean’s Scholar Award; Chair, Moot Court Honors Program; First Place, 2008 Wechsler National First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- American University, B.A., Political Science: Dean’s List
- Honorable Margaret A. Nagle, Magistrate Judge, US District Court, Central District of California
- Los Angeles Office Women’s Affinity Network and Parenting Affinity Group
- Los Angeles Office Associate & Counsel Advisory Committee