Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Jillian Weinstein is O’Melveny’s Deputy General Counsel. In that capacity, Jillian serves as counselor to the firm’s lawyers and management at all levels, providing guidance with regard to a vast range of matters, including client intake; engagement documentation and management; policy development and enforcement; conflicts; proposed pro bono matters; fee disputes; the interpretation, refinement, and enforcement of the firm’s partnership agreement; data management and security; subpoenas and discovery served on the firm; lateral intake and integration issues; separation and retirement matters; daily labor and employment counseling; and the defense of malpractice claims in litigation and arbitrations.
Prior to assuming the role of the firm’s Deputy GC, Jillian practiced as a litigator at the firm, representing public and private companies in a variety of complex civil, employment, and labor matters. She counseled and litigated on behalf of employers on numerous issues in different arenas, including discrimination, wage and hour, privacy, independent contractor, and expense reimbursement matters in federal and state court, as well as dealing with various federal and state agency investigations and arbitrations. Jillian has extensive experience in the representation of airlines and service providers with respect to Airline Deregulation Act and Railway Labor Act cases, including arbitrations, mediations, and hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and National Mediation Board.
She also devotes a portion of her practice to pro bono work, including immigration-related issues.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Warren Christopher Values Award for exemplifying O’Melveny’s values of uncompromising excellence, distinctive leadership, and superior citizenship (2020)
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, First and Ninth Circuits
- Southwestern University, J.D.: magna cum laude; Dean's List; Recipient, Dean’s Scholar Award; Chair, Moot Court Honors Program; First Place, 2008 Wechsler National First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- American University, B.A., Political Science: Dean’s List
- Honorable Margaret A. Nagle, Magistrate Judge, US District Court, Central District of California
- Los Angeles Office Women’s Affinity Network and Parenting Affinity Group
- Los Angeles Office Associate & Counsel Advisory Committee
Jillian diligently defends her clients and provides effective and efficient solutions to their needs and her illustrative professional experience includes some of the following:
- Secured a significant victory for a major airline in obtaining the dismissal with prejudice of a nationwide class action lawsuit alleging state law breach of contract and tort claims in relation to checked baggage
- Counseled multiple clients on privacy and wage and hour issues
- Secured successful outcomes for a telecommunications company in two separate misclassification cases
- Obtained significant victories for airline companies relating to sky caps, security guards and passenger claims
- Represented clients in disputes regarding independent contractor and expense reimbursement issues
- Secured favorable victories for school district in single plaintiff discrimination cases