Kevin D. Feder is a healthcare litigator. He represents clients in trials and arbitrations, and focuses his practice on representing managed care payers in provider litigation, class actions, and False Claims Act cases. Kevin recently defeated class certification in a Florida case involving managed Medicaid providers. See Crosswinds Rehab, Inc., Case No. 17-23840 (Fla. Cir. Ct. Jan. 18, 2019).
Kevin works collaboratively with his in-house and non-lawyer clients to tailor cost-effective litigation strategies that fit the needs of their business, then executes on those strategies by vigorously defending his clients’ interests in litigation. Kevin believes that successful client engagement involves clear, up-front communication by outside counsel, coupled with tactical thinking, good listening skills, and a healthy dose of common sense.
Honors & Awards
- Health Care Group Recommended by Legal 500 for Healthcare: Health Insurers (2019)
- Super Lawyers, Washington, DC - Rising Star (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Georgetown University, J.D., 2007: Editor-in-Chief, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service, 2002: Varsity Letterman (1998-2002) and Co-Captain (2001-02), Georgetown University Men's Varsity Swimming; Member, Big East Conference Academic All Star Team (1998-2002)
- American Arbitration Association, Healthcare Dispute Resolution Innovation and Strategy Conference, Nashville, TN: “‘But I want it All!’ - Creative Tips for Managing Discovery/e-Discovery in Arbitrations” (October 2018).
- ACI’s 8th Annual Advanced Forum on Managed Care Disputes and Litigation, Philadelphia, PA: “The Future of Provider vs. Payor Disputes” (May 2017).
- American Health Lawyers Association, Webinar: “Managed Care: Emerging Risk Areas in Enforcement and Litigation, Part II: Litigation” (March 2017).
- American Arbitration Association, Healthcare Dispute Resolution Innovation and Strategy Conference, Scottsdale, AZ: “Closing the Gaps – Drafting Effective ADR Clauses” (November 2016).
- Honorable Reggie B. Walton, US District Court, District of Columbia (2005)
- Note, “The Death of the Pervasively Sectarian Test in State Financial Aid Statutes and How to Replace It,” 5 Geo. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 657 (2007)
- “Breaking Down Borders: The Power of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 30 to Compel the Deposition of a Corporate Party’s Foreign Employee,” Bloomberg Law Reports (July 19, 2010), republished at 1 Bloomberg Law Quarterly 723 (2011)
- 7th Circ. FTAIA Ruling Profoundly Limits Antitrust Claims, Law360 (March 31, 2014).
- Hoyas Unlimited (2005-2016, 2019-present)
- Georgetown Swimming Alumni Association (Co-President, 2008-2016; Board Member, 2004-2007, 2016-present)
- American Health Lawyers Association, Health Care Liability and Litigation Practice Group and Payers, Plans, and Managed Care Practice Group