Nate P. Gallon
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Nate Gallon has spent his entire legal career in Silicon Valley working within the technology community, representing entrepreneurs, start-ups, emerging growth companies, major corporations, and the entire ecosystem of the investor community that funds and supports these innovators.
Nate works with his clients to understand their needs and business objectives and develops practical solutions to help them achieve their goals. He counsels his clients on corporate and securities law and also acts more generally as a trusted business advisor in connection with a wide range of transactions that technology companies typically undertake throughout their life cycle – entity formation, debt and equity financings, recapitalizations, joint ventures, spin-offs, and growth stage through to a liquidity event.
During his time in Silicon Valley, Nate has developed a network of entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors that allows him to stay current on the latest technology trends and priorities for venture capital firms, angels, and other investors as well as acquirers of technology companies. He has represented hundreds of start-ups and entrepreneurs in connection with equity financings and general corporate matters, worked on numerous M&A transactions (including buy- and sell-side mergers, asset sales, and stock purchase transactions), joint ventures and advised a number of public company clients on corporate finance and capital raising transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Media, Technology, and Telecoms: Fintech, Recommended, Legal 500 US (2019-2022)
- M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Venture Capital and Emerging Companies, Recommended, Legal 500 US (2018-2022)
- 500 Leading Dealmakers in America, Lawdragon (2021)
- Yale University, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A.
- Represented Synopsys on a number of acquisitions of technologies and technology companies in the U.S. and abroad.
- Represented GE Digital on the US$500m sale of its ServiceMax business unit to Silver Lake Partners.
- Represented Meta Platforms (formerly Facebook) on its US$5.7bn investment for a 9.99% equity stake in Jio Platforms in India.
- Represented a confidential strategic investor in connection with three separate US$100m minority equity investments in Instacart.
- Represented Ford Motor Company in connection with its acquisition of Chariot Transit, Inc. and Autonomic, Inc.
- Represented Ventiga Capital Partners on the acquisition of Infare Solutions through a joint venture, and Infare's subsequent acquisition of airline and airport data contracts from QL2 Software LLC.
- Represented Vexcel Group on its acquisition of assets of Geomni Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics Inc., as well as in connection with Geomni’s equity investment in Vexcel Group.
- Represents Norwest Venture Partners in connection with a number of venture capital transactions, including its investments in InfluxData, Productiv, and Loftium.
- Represents Fall Line Capital in connection with venture capital transactions.
- Represents DAG Ventures in connection with a number of venture capital transactions.
- Represented Santander InnoVentures (n/k/a Mouro Capital) on a number of its equity investments in the U.S., including its investments in Upgrade, Creditas, Blueprint, DriveWealth, and Tradeshift.