O’Melveny Recommended for Numerous Practices by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2021 Guide
January 22, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SHANGHAI—January 21, 2021—O’Melveny is recommended in multiple practice areas for China and Japan in the 2021 edition of The Legal500 Asia-Pacific guide. In addition, seven Asia-based lawyers are named among the best in the region.
Specifically, the 2021 edition of The Legal500 Asia-Pacific guide recognizes the following O’Melveny practice areas:
- TMT Foreign Firms - Tier 2
- Private Equity: Foreign Firms - Tier 2
- Insurance: Foreign Firms - Tier 3
- Healthcare & Life Sciences: Foreign Firms - Tier 3
- Corporate & M&A: Foreign Firms - Tier 3
- Antitrust & Competition: Foreign Firms - Tier 3
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation: Foreign Firms - Tier 5
Hong Kong S.A.R.
- Antitrust & Competition - Tier 2
- Capital Markets (Equity) - Tier 3
- Investment Funds - Tier 3
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation - Tier 3
- Corporate (Including M&A) - Tier 6
- Dispute Resolutions: International Firms and Joint Ventures - Tier 4
In addition, specific O’Melveny lawyers are recognized in the following practice areas:
- Denis Brock (HK): Hall of Fame, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong); Leading Individual, Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration (Hong Kong)
- James Ford (HK): Leading Individual, Investment Funds (Hong Kong)
- Hiroko Nihei (TK): Rising Star: Bengoshi, Dispute Resolutions: International Firms and Joint Ventures (Japan)
- Kieran Humphrey (HK): Rising Star, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong)
- Philip Monaghan (HK): Leading Individual, Antitrust & Competition (Hong Kong)
- Scott Schaeffer (SH): Rising Star, Antitrust & Competition: Foreign Firms (China)
- Walker J. Wallace (SH): Hall of Fame, Private Equity: Foreign Firms (China); Hall of Fame, Corporate & M&A: Foreign Firms (China)
Published annually, The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific provides unbiased commentary and insight into the legal marketplaces of 25 Asia Pacific jurisdictions. Based on extensive research into each jurisdiction, the publication canvasses law firms and contacts more than 300,000 clients for feedback on the lawyers they instruct.
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, year-end highlights, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 212 326 2218
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+86 21 2307 7000