Eight O’Melveny Entertainment Litigators Named to Variety’s “Legal Impact Report”April 10, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CENTURY CITY—April 9, 2019—Eight members of O’Melveny’s entertainment litigation team have been named to Variety’s prestigious “2019 Legal Impact Report.”
The annual special report spotlights top attorneys in the entertainment business, as identified by Variety’s writers and editors. This year’s publication included O’Melveny partner and Trial Practice Committee Chair Daniel Petrocelli, as well as partners Drew Breuder, Matt Kline, Molly Lens, David Marroso, Bo Pearl, and Cassie Seto. In addition, O’Melveny counsel J. Hardy Ehlers was featured in the publication’s “Up Next” section, which recognizes rising entertainment lawyers.
Variety lauded Petrocelli as the leader of the O’Melveny team, noting his role as lead counsel defending AT&T and Time Warner’s historic $85.4 billion merger in what Variety previously called “the most closely watched antitrust case in a generation.”
Variety also noted the O’Melveny team’s work on several additional high-profile matters, including:
- representing Fox in the studio’s challenge of a large talent arbitration award connected to the Bones television series;
- representing Fox in ongoing executive poaching litigation against Netflix;
- defending boxing champ Manny Pacquiao in a wave of class-action civil lawsuits;
- defending singer-songwriter Kesha in her dispute with her record producer;
- securing dismissal for Disney in one of two parallel movie copyright claims;
- representing Warner Bros. in litigation connected to the Conjuring film franchise.
In its “Up Next” section, Variety recognized Ehlers as “a key member of the team” representing Fox in its ongoing executive poaching lawsuit. Variety also noted Ehlers’ past work in a trademark infringement victory for Fox connected to the television series Empire.
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at omm.com.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 213 430 8024