As Firmwide Co-Chair of the Litigation Department, Randy Oppenheimer has a national practice, litigating general corporate matters and specific issues involving the energy and entertainment industries, and intellectual property, environmental, and antitrust and regulatory matters.
Randy was among the Firm’s partners featured by The American Lawyer when it chose the Firm to receive the Litigation Department of the Year Award in 2004, and, again, when it chose the Firm as a Finalist in 2011. He has been named a member of the Lawdragon “500 Leading Litigators in America”; included in the Chambers USA “National Practice Leaders” directory as a leader in Litigation; and named a “Super Lawyer” in surveys conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc. While covering one of his trials, the Washington Post reported on what they described as Randy’s “razor-sharp intellect . . . [and] dignified delivery” in the courtroom. He has served on the Firm’s Compensation and other committees and was awarded the 2008 O’Melveny & Myers Values Award in recognition of his practice excellence and contributions to the Firm.
Honors & Awards
- Featured in The American Lawyer when O'Melveny was elected as a Finalist (2011)
- Featured in The American Lawyer when O'Melveny was selected for the Litigation Department of the Year Award (2004)
- Part of Lawdragon's “500 Leading Litigators in America”
- Member of Chambers USA “National Practice Leaders” directory as a leader in Litigation
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in surveys conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 in the category of General Commercial Disputes
- O’Melveny & Myers Values Award, in recognition of his practice excellence and contributions to the Firm (2008)
- University of Chicago, J.D., 1977: Comment Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
- Harvard University, A.B., 1974: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association, Previously Vice Chairman, Sub-Committee on Sports and Entertainment Law, Antitrust Section