Chambers Global Names 20 O’Melveny Lawyers and 11 Practice Groups Among World’s BestFebruary 21, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK—February 21, 2020—O’Melveny made an impressive showing in the 2020 Chambers Global Guide to the world’s best lawyers, which recognized 11 of the firm’s practice groups and 20 of its lawyers, across three continents, as among the elite in their fields.
The prestigious Chambers Global Guide ranks the top lawyers and law firms in over 200 jurisdictions around the world, based on in-depth research and surveys of peers and clients.
Chambers Global recognized O’Melveny’s Corporate/M&A practice for its long-standing leadership in the important China market with a Band 1 ranking—the guide’s highest possible accolade. Chambers also highlighted the strength of ten other O’Melveny practices around the world, including in the areas of cross-border transactions, infrastructure, restructuring, antitrust, and CFIUS and export controls.
Nine O’Melveny lawyers—from offices in the US, Europe, and Asia—were also rated Band 1 or Band 2. They are among the 20 O’Melveny lawyers the guide singled out for their leading legal work.
The top-ranking individual attorneys:
- Denis Brock, Dispute Resolution (Hong Kong): Band 1
- Junaid Chida, Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy (New York): Band 2
- James Ford, Investment Funds (Hong Kong): Band 2
- Ted Kassinger (of counsel), International Trade: CFIUS Experts (Washington, DC): Band 1
- Greta Lichtenbaum, International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions (Washington, DC): Band 1
- Daniel Petrocelli, Litigation: Trial Lawyers (Century City): Band 1
- Eric Richards, Projects: PPP (Los Angeles): Band 2
- Michael Tubach, Antitrust: Cartel (San Francisco): Band 1
- Walker Wallace, Corporate/M&A: China-based (Shanghai): Band 2
“We’re proud of this recognition from Chambers Global, which sets the standard for the legal industry,” said Bradley J. Butwin, chair of O’Melveny. “These strong results are a tribute to our partners and underscore the excellent lawyering and service that clients have come to expect from O’Melveny.”
Chambers Global also recognized the following O’Melveny lawyers as among the best in their fields:
- Nima Amini, Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based (Hong Kong)
- Denis Brock, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Hong Kong)
- Jan Birtwell, Tax (London)
- Riccardo Celli, Competition: EU (Brussels)
- David Foster, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (London)
- Jeffrey Fowler, Litigation: eDiscovery (Los Angeles)
- Kieran Humphrey, Dispute Resolution (Hong Kong)
- Yoji Maeda, Dispute Resolution: Domestic (Tokyo)
- Nancy Mitchell, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (New York)
- John-Paul Motley, Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Western United States (Los Angeles)
- John Rapisardi, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (New York)
- Andrew Weiler, Capital Markets: Debt (London)
The following O’Melveny practice areas are recognized in the 2020 Chambers Global guide:China
International & Cross-Border Transactions
Investment Funds: Private Equity
Dispute Resolution: Domestic
International Trade: CFIUS Experts
International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at omm.com.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 212 326 2218