Prominent private equity houses, financial institutions, and corporate clients turn to O’Melveny’s United Kingdom practice for its recognized strength advising on M&A and investment transactions, fund raisings and fund structuring, corporate finance, and dispute resolution.
Working closely with our colleagues in offices across the US, Asia and in Brussels, we are able to provide a coordinated and complete service for our clients.
- Our team works closely with clients to understand their business goals, guiding them through complex cross-border transactions including acquisitions, investments (both direct and into private equity and other alternative investment funds), divestures, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions. Our English and US-qualified corporate and tax lawyers based in our London office combine cross-border expertise with industry knowledge to serve through our global network the needs of corporates, private equity firms, asset managers, investment funds, and entrepreneurs.
- Our lawyers have extensive experience dealing with litigation and arbitration cases covering a wide range of industries, with particular expertise in the financial services, oil and gas, technology, and energy sectors. Our team regularly acts on complex, multi-million pound cases, representing prestigious and well-known corporations and sovereign States. We have conducted numerous ad hoc and institutional arbitrations in a variety of seats, and have represented clients in the English High Court. We also frequently work with our competition teams in Brussels, London, Asia, and the US to defend companies against competition law damages claims brought in the English High Court.
Investigations and Regulatory
- We advise clients in connection with economic crimes and regulation, including bribery and corruption, proceeds of crime and money laundering, and economic sanctions and export control regulations. Our lawyers have acted on multijurisdictional criminal and regulatory investigations and disputes for clients across multiple industries including financial services. We frequently advise clients in relation to the design and implementation of their compliance policies and provide training.
O'Melveny & Myers LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England (registered number OC307988), is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 407228). Please refer to www.omm.com/uknotice for important information on our regulatory position. The SRA Code of Conduct can be found at www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/code/content.page.
We operate in combination with our associated California, USA, limited liability partnership, O'Melveny & Myers LLP in the following offices: Beijing, Brussels, Century City, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, DC.
O’Melveny retains diversity data in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). If you wish to review a copy of this data, please contact Natalie Beacroft.
Coller CapitalO’Melveny represented long-term client Coller Capital (Coller) on the approximately US$1.6 billion acquisition by a fund financed by Coller International Partners VI (CIP VI) of a portfolio of private-equity-related investments, as well as the transfer of approximately US$345 million of undrawn commitments, from Lloyds Banking Group plc. Read
Grant Thornton InternationalWe represented GTIL in LCIA arbitration resulting from the expulsion of its member firm in Hong Kong, successfully defending challenges to the arbitral award in the courts in London and Hong Kong. Read
Greensphere Capital InternationalO’Melveny acted for a subsidiary of private equity fund, Greensphere Capital, to defend High Court proceedings brought under s.994 of the Companies Act 2006 alleging that conduct by the subsidiary had been unfairly prejudicial to a minority shareholder in a joint venture company. Read
Online Gaming CompanyO’Melveny acted for one of the world’s largest online gaming software production companies in a series of consolidated World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) arbitrations against three software licensees. Read
Suntech Power Holdings Co. LtdO’Melveny acted for Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd, at the time the world’s largest producer of crystalline silicone solar power units, in multi-jurisdictional litigation arising from a major fraud. Read
Sustainable Development CapitalO’Melveny represented Sustainable Development Capital (SDCL) in the closing of the UK Energy Efficiency Investments Fund 1A. Read
- Asiana Airlines Inc.
- Coller Capital
- Goldman Sachs International
- GIC Private Limited
- Greensphere Capital
- Impax Asset Management
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Samsung Electronics
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
四月 11, 2018美迈斯在《全球竞争评论》颁奖晚宴上赢得“年度最佳诉讼案”大奖
"Diligent, sharp and creative."
- Chambers UK