Twelve O’Melveny Partners Named To Variety’s “Legal Impact Report”7月 14, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CENTURY CITY—July 14, 2020—Twelve O’Melveny partners have been named to Variety’s prestigious “2020 Legal Impact Report.”
The annual special report spotlights top attorneys in the entertainment business, as identified by Variety’s writers and editors. This year’s publication featured eight members of O’Melveny’s Entertainment Litigation Team and four members of O’Melveny’s Entertainment & Media Transactions Team.
Led by partner and Trial Practice Committee Chair Daniel Petrocelli, the Entertainment Litigation Team included partners Drew Breuder, Leah Godesky, Matt Kline, Molly Lens, Amy Lucas, David Marroso, and Cassandra Seto. Variety recognized the Team’s work on several headline-making matters, including:
- securing a key win for Twentieth Century Fox in executive poaching litigation against Netflix;
- achieving a definitive victory for boxing champ Manny Pacquiao in a wave of class action lawsuits after a four-and-a-half year legal effort;
- setting aside a jury verdict and judgment of US$70.6 million against NBCUniversal and winning a motion for a new trial in a profit participation case concerning the Columbo television series;
- obtaining dismissal for Warner Bros. in litigation connected to the movie War Dogs;
- obtaining dismissals for Disney in two separate copyright claims connected to the film Zootopia; and
- representing Global Music Rights in advocating artists’ rights in the music industry and defending pop star Kesha in ongoing litigation with her record producer.
Led by partner and Entertainment, Sports & Media Chair Bruce Tobey, the Entertainment & Media Transactions Team included Century City managing partner Amy Siegel and partners Sean Monroe and Silvia Vannini. Variety noted the Team’s work on several industry-shaping deals, including:
- representing newly recombined ViacomCBS in its US$375 million investment in MIRAMAX;
- advising Library Pictures International in connection with an investment by Legendary;
- guiding Univision in its cross-border strategic alliance with Mexico’s Grupo Televisa to launch a new multi-platform sports network; and
- representing BRON in several financing deals to expand the company’s growing market cap.
O’Melveny has been synonymous with entertainment law since Hollywood’s Golden Age in the 1930s. For decades, O’Melveny’s entertainment lawyers have helped major players in film, television and cable, production and distribution, the internet, video games, music, finance, investment, and dozens of household-name performers successfully tackle groundbreaking deals and high-profile disputes.
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, year-end highlights, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 213 430 8024