We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do.
At O’Melveny, you’ll be challenged by work for top-tier clients and career-defining assignments in a supportive environment that focuses on your development and quality of life. Your wellbeing, your professional journey, and your input are all vitally important. We want our firm to be a place where all people can enjoy a sense of belonging and feel empowered to contribute and grow.
With a comprehensive, market-leading talent development strategy that is fully embraced by our partnership, O’Melveny’s focus on professional growth and support continues long after our lawyers have joined us. At every stage of a lawyer’s career, we provide legal and business skills training, mentoring, career counseling, performance evaluations, flexible work options, and leadership development. A team of Editors (including a Pulitzer Prize–winner) help our lawyers further hone their writing skills. Our work advisor program ensures that all lawyers have work opportunities that enhance their professional development. And through our alumni network, OMMConnect, we provide ongoing support for every member of the O’Melveny community, whether they remain at the firm or move on to other endeavors.
Transparency creates a culture of trust within the firm. O’Melveny fosters open communication and candid conversations through:
- town halls on topics including the review process, the firm’s financials and strategic plan, wellness, pro bono and diversity, equity and inclusion;
- upward reviews that allow associates, counsel and staff attorneys to provide feedback on supervisors, practice groups and programs and topics that impact their experience;
- conversations with our career advisor about professional challenges and aspirations;
- meetings with the local and firm-wide Associate and Counsel Advisory Committee (“ACAC”); and
- pulse surveys on topics that are top of mind (e.g., remote work, parenting challenges, mental health and well-being).
In alignment with the ABA pledge, our Living Well Program is inclusive of benefits, services, and programs to support your wellbeing in its most holistic sense—professional, social, mental, emotional, financial, and physical.
We believe in supporting you and what you want to achieve.