O’Melveny Announces New Leadership AppointmentsMarch 30, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK—March 30, 2020—O’Melveny announced today a number of leadership appointments.
Partners are stepping into new roles as managing partners for firm offices in New York, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, and San Francisco, as well as chairs and co-chairs of the firm’s M&A, Securities Litigation, and White Collar practices. O’Melveny has also expanded the management of its Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
“One of the many qualities that distinguishes O’Melveny is our commitment to giving our people the opportunity to grow as leaders,” said firm chair Bradley Butwin. “This is good for our lawyers, and it’s good for the firm. We are very pleased to have so many talented colleagues ready to take on challenging new roles.”
These are the new office leaders:
- Dawn Sestito, managing partner, Los Angeles
- Allen Burton, managing partner, New York
- Amy Laurendeau, managing partner, Newport Beach
- Caitlin Bair, managing partner, San Francisco
Including Amy Siegel, who is managing partner of O’Melveny’s Century City office, four of the firm’s seven US locations are now headed by women.
O’Melveny also continues to pursue its diversity, inclusion, and community-engagement goals, and has appointed Jared Bartie to join Darin Snyder as partner co-head of Diversity and Inclusion. Brett Williamson has been named O’Melveny’s firmwide pro bono partner.
At the practice group level, these are the partners assuming new roles:
- Eric Zabinski, chair, Mergers & Acquisitions practice
- Matthew Close joins Jonathan Rosenberg as co-chair, Securities Litigation practice
- Michael Dreeben joins Steve Olson as co-chair, White Collar Defense & Corporate Investigations practice
There are also new litigation leaders in California:
- Elizabeth McKeen, Regional Head of Litigation for Southern California
- Luann Simmons, Regional Head of Litigation for Northern California
“Our newest leaders are among our most accomplished and dedicated colleagues,” said Butwin. “They embody the deep commitment to clients, community, and firm culture that O’Melveny is known for. It’s very gratifying to see our values represented across our full roster of partner leaders, both new and continuing.”
To help the firm attract the exceptional talent that will fuel its leadership pipeline for years to come, O’Melveny will look to its new hiring partner leaders:
- Jeeho Lee, firmwide hiring partner
- Jared Bartie and Mia Gonzalez, New York hiring partners
- Damali Taylor, San Francisco hiring partner
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in boardrooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? For the answers, please visit omm.com.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 212 326 2218